Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010 Year in Review

2010 was a crazy year in the Smith house! Here is our year in a nut shell.

January - Our little boy turned 2. Little did we know the adventures that we would have with our curious little guy this year. We also put our house on the market. We had 14 showings in 17 days and had an accepted offer. It was a mad dash to find a new place to live, but signed a deal on our new house on January 31, 2010. Finally, we found out that we were having our second son in June. That meant that Mommy was outnumbered by a lot!!

February - I celebrated my 32nd birthday, and on that same day we lost our beloved dog, Brady. It was a bittersweet day. Also, we closed on our new house, and my dad got remarried up in Chicago. (Both of those things happened on the same weekend!!)

March - We moved into our new house! We thought that we would have less work buying a brand new house. Boy, were we wrong!

April - The Butler Bulldogs worked hard and found themselves in the national championship. Jason went to all the Final Four games to root on his college team. If only that last shot would have gone in....

May - Jason ran his 13th mini marathon. Connor also transitioned to his big boy bed. It was quite a process for him, but he refused to stay in his crib, so it was a must. I completed my first year teaching 5th grade. I never saw myself teaching the intermediate grades, but I had a great year with a great group of kids.

June - Much to our surprise our little bundle of joy, Garrett David decided to enter the world 15 days early. He also wanted to come quick, because he was almost born in the car on the way to the hospital. I had my first contraction at 6:30, and we had our baby boy at 9:41. He was 6lbs 6oz and 19 in long. Poor Jason had to spend his 39th birthday in the hospital as Garrett was born on June 3rd and Jason's birthday is June 4th. After several trips to the doctor for jaundice, things calmed down, and we spent the rest of the month getting used to being a family of 4.

July - Jason went to Apine Valley, WI to see DMB with all of his buddies. I chose to head to Lafayette with both of the boys, so that I could have some help.

August - Connor headed back to daycare. He loves Miss Kyle, and I was glad to get him back on a good schedule.

September - After 13 weeks, I headed back to work. And I thought getting one kid ready and out the door was hard!!! Oh my, it was quite an adjustment for all!!! Jason and I were also able to get away and have some fun. We went to see DMB play at Wrigley Field in Chicago. It was a great night, and a really fun place to see a concert.

October - We took the boys to Stony Creek Farm and to Fair Oaks Dairy.

November - Jason and I celebrated being married for 7 years.

December - We were busy getting ready for the holidays. It was Garrett's first Christmas, so we wanted to make it memorable. We all had a wonderful holiday. We feel very blessed!

Whew!! What a year! I am looking forward to having a quieter year this year. No new houses, no new babies, and hopefully no new jobs. I look forward to seeing my boys grow up, celebrating Connor's 3rd birthday on 1/11/11, Garrett's first birthday and Jason's 40th birthday, and hopefully getting our backyard together so the boys can play out there. It should be a fun year, and I can't wait to see what is in store for us. I wish everyone a happy and healthy new year!!!

No comments: