Saturday, January 10, 2009

What a great day!

I love my new puzzle!
Mommy and her messy birthday boy

Me and my new wagon


Yeah! Presents!


I'm One!



Do you think I liked my cake?



Wow! I have never had this stuff before.


Make a wish


Our family

What a great day! Today was Connor's first birthday party. I don't know about everyone else, but Connor, Mommy, and Daddy had a great time. Mommy and Daddy have already watched the video just to reflect on the day. Connor got off to a crabby start. (All the experienced Moms told me that this was normal.) Once we opened presents, he seemed to perk up a bit. But he really came alive when eating his birthday cake. I thought that he may just pick at it, but he really dove in once he figured out it was good. He made the perfect mess, so we could get some perfect pictures. We had such a fun time. It was so nice to celebrate with all of our friends and family. Jason and I know that the party is really for us, so for all of our friends and family thank you so much. Thank you for the advice, laughs, tears, hugs, and smiles over this past year. As a first time mom I had so many questions, and we are so blessed to have so many people to support us and Connor. They say that it takes a village to raise a child. Well, our village showed up today to celebrate. I hope when Connor looks at the pictures and the video from his party he realizes how lucky he is to have so many people who care about him. Yeah, one! Here is to many more happy, healthy birthdays!!







4 comments:

Waldner News said...

Happy First Birthday!!!!! What a big boy...xoxo, Erin

Sarah said...

We had a great time celebrating with Connor today too...thanks for all of the yummy food and fun times!

Courtney and the Boys said...

Looks like the perfect party, Bridget! Glad he dug right in to the cake for some fun pictures...Ellis totally disappointed us last year (texture, sensory, and feeding issues), but we're hoping for some good ones this year (his birthday is in 5 more days)! Happy first birthday, Connor!

Courtney

Kristi said...

How fun! Happy 1st Birthday, Connor! Sorry again we couldn't make it, but really enjoyed the pictures - looked like the party was a hit!