Monday, August 11, 2008

Poop, Poop, Poop

So today I brought Connor home from day care, and put him in his exersaucer so that I could change my clothes. As I wondered back into the room thinking about what to make for dinner I notice his little legs skating in something brown. Yep you guessed it, he had a blow out and was now skating in his own poop. I grabbed him, not really knowing what to do. (Oh yes, need I mention that Jason has been gone for the past 3 days for a guys weekend in Alpine Valley, WI to see Dave Matthews.) I put him on his changing pad, trying to keep his poopie feet, poopie back, poopie everything off of whatever. Once I got him cleaned up enough to gather the clothes and the changing pad and throw them in the wash, I got him in the tub. Needless to say once I got him out he peed everywhere. The next hour was spent cleaning the bottom of the exersaucer, taking apart the seat of the exersaucer to wash it, and cleaning the carpets. (Oh and by the way we got our carpets cleaned LAST week!!!) The baby books and the classes don't prepare you for this experience. (And speaking of poop, Connor pooped in the bathtub for the first time on Sunday night. When I took him out to clean him up, he finished pooping on his towel. At this time Jason was drinking bourbon and watching Dave Matthews. This type of thing never happens when he has him by himself. I guess this means that Connor loves me more, right?)

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh, the joys of motherhood! :) That is too funny... sounds like we have a lot to look forward to! :) You are right, they definitely don't prepare you for those types of fun experiences - you'll have to remind Connor about it someday, haha!

Waldner News said...

aaahhhh, the POOP everywhere story! love it - welcome to mommy-hood! ha! and yes, you are right...you are his favorite! hee,hee!