
Here are Garrett's one month stats...
Weight - 8 lbs 14 oz. - 26th percentile
Length - 21 1/4 in. - 40th percentile
Head Size - 15 in. - 48th percentile
He has gained quite a bit of weight and grew a lot this first month. He started off a pound and a half lighter and one inch shorter than Connor and caught up to almost his same measurements by his one month check-up. The main difference between them is their head size. Connor's head has always been in the 95th percentile for his age. Garrett's head is MUCH smaller!!
As for personality, Garrett is a typical newborn. He likes to be held. His fussy time is between 9:30 and 11:30 at night, which is hard on Mommy. He wakes up every 3-4 hours to eat still. Connor began sleeping through the night at 8 weeks, so I am hoping that Garrett will follow that same pattern. We have seen a couple of smiles out of him. Mostly he smiles when he is sleeping and Daddy is stroking his head. He also flipped from his tummy to his back today. I put him on his tummy and turned around to change Connor's diaper. When I turned back around to get him, he was on his back. Both Jason and I missed it!!! We will see if it is just a freak thing, or if we can get him to do it again.
Jason and I are getting used to our new normal with two boys. The only thing I know for sure is that just when we begin to find a new routine, something will change and we will have to adapt and change with it!!




No comments:
Post a Comment