As I reflect on 2008 two words come to mind, joyful and intense. I would say intensely joyful, but I am not sure if that works together. Here are some of my intense and joyful moments of 2008.
- Waiting for Connor to come was intense. I walked around for weeks thinking it was time, and never really understood if I was having contractions or not. I was glad when my doctor went ahead to schedule the induction.
- Having my beautiful baby boy was JOYFUL. I had a very easy labor. I loved everything about it.
- Having 14 people in my room one hour after I delivered Connor was intense. I don't recommend that to anyone. I guess that is what happens when you deliver at 5:00 on a Friday evening. I have always wondered if the time he was born is a sign that we have a party man lurking in our future. It's five o'clock somewhere, right!
- The first two weeks with Connor home was way INTENSE. No one ever tells you what those first couple of weeks are like. Crazy hormones.
- Having Connor home was joyful.
- Going back to work was intense. Figuring out how to get him ready, get myself ready, and get out the door. Going back to the real world was no fun. Luckily, I got used to it.
- All of Connor's firsts were joyful. His first smiles, the first time he rolled over, first laughs, and the first time he FINALLY sat up, all were such joyful occasions.
- Our first family vacation to Florida ROCKED! We can't wait to take him back again and again to our little quiet paradise.
- Connor going mobile was joyful and intense. It was joyful because he was finally able to move and get what he wanted. It was intense because he was everywhere. I know some people have kids that didn't get into stuff once they learned how to crawl. Connor is not one of those kids. He is so curious and into everything. I guess that is why they created baby proofing stuff.
- Connor's first tailgate weekends to Purdue and the Colts games were so joyful. Jason LOVES to tailgate, and I enjoy it too. It was nice to have our little family at these events. I am sure we will all go to many more tailgates together.
- Connor's first ear infection, respiratory infection,pink eye, and cutting his first tooth all at the same time, intense.
- Being there when my mom took her last breaths, intense. Yet, her funeral had a very joyful feel, which I thought was awesome.
- Jason loosing his job is still intense, but I think it is bringing us closer together. It was great to have him home these two weeks. He just got a new lead on a job, so maybe something will turn up in January. Keep your fingers crossed.
- Connor's first Christmas was so joyful. It was filled with family and love. I know he won't remember it, but Mommy and Daddy had a great day with him.
Here is hoping that 2009 is filled with such joyful experiences as well. Happy New Year to everyone! May it bring health and happiness to you and your family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Very well-said, Bridg. You have definitely had quite a year...and one you will remember forever. Glad you had so many joyful moments...your baby boy being the best!
Post a Comment